2022 Ski Season - Book Now!
Members can find more information about accessing Kongoola in the news section.
(Follow the link above to our online booking page to see our current bed availability. Select your beds, pay via PayPal or direct debit, & receive a confirmation receipt by return e-mail.)
Driving up to Hotham? Pay your resort entry fees here!
Welcome to our family-friendly ski club, located in the pristine Davenport Village at Mt Hotham Alpine Resort. Run by members, we welcome visitors to our lodge to share its comfortable facilities as well as its relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
If you are looking for very comfortable ski-in and ski-out accommodation at Mt Hotham, Kongoola provides affordable self-catering and "clean-as-you-go" ski-lodge accommodation, with breathtaking views.
Kongoola provides pillows and doonas on all beds, however, guests are required to bring (or hire) their own sheets, pillow slips, doona covers, and towel. All double and queen beds are supplied with queen bed size doonas and our single and king single beds will be supplied with double bed size doonas.
* Kongoola is conveniently located near short-term drop-off and long-term car parking, resort transport, ski trails, restaurants and bars, and essential supplies.
* Our ski club provides an over-snow luggage sled to move your food, bags, skis, and boards from the short-term car park or the Jack Frost bus stop to our front door.
* As you return from a hard day enjoying some of Australia's most demanding ski runs, Kongoola's spacious ski and board storage area are suitable for storing your downhill or cross-country skiing and snowboarding equipment.
* Our drying room will provide you with peace of mind that your gear is secure and dry for the next day of adventure.
* Our warm, clean facilities, include spacious, family bunk bedrooms, modern en suite bedrooms, and a friendly, inviting, communal lounge area with a real-log fireplace and views of the snow falling over the valley below.
* We also have a sound-proof games room with table tennis, billiards and television facilities on a lower level.
* Our large commercial-scale kitchen and dining facilities, renowned to be some of the best-designed on the mountain, allow you to exchange stories of your day's adventures with other like-minded alpine enthusiasts.
* To make sure you are well rested for your adventures the next day, Kongoola's Code of Conduct ensures minimal noise occurs after 10 pm. Consideration of others is key to the harmonious communal experience that we enjoy at Kongoola.
Other things to note
During Winter Season, Resort Entry applies to every vehicle entering Mt Hotham Resort. Please refer to the Mt Hotham website for details and how to buy your pass online.
Snow chains for your vehicle must also be carried during the winter season. These can be hired off the mountain at various locations including HOYS in Harrietville (the A-frame building on the river next to the bridge). If you say you are staying at Kongoola, you may get a discount. They will show you how to fit these chains and when to do so and also have a person on the side of the road who can fit them for you at the 'fit chains here' sign.
Upon arrival, please:
* Remove all outdoor footwear in the foyer or drying room, before walking on the carpet.
* Sign the guest register located at the door into the foyer.
* Check the whiteboard in the foyer for your room allocation.
* Call the managers (phone numbers on the entrance window) if you have any questions or concerns.
Unfortunately, Kongoola cannot facilitate early check-ins! This is to ensure the consideration of existing guests, and room changeovers and to ensure a manager is available for your arrival.